Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hair Fall 2011

Hair Fall 2011

These were the exact words I googled last night/this morning around 1:00 a.m. 

You see.

Tomorrow I get my annual haircut.

I know.

It should be every six to eight weeks.

But let's be real.

Annual.

Hear me?

Anyway.

So this is a big annual event every year.

I walk in Nathan's salon every eight to nine months and tell him:

"Just make me look good."

"If you had my hair, do whatever YOU would do to this mane."

"Short. Long. Perm. Bangs."

"I DO NOT CARE... Just help me out in the looks department."

I then proceed to pull my ponytail holder from my stillwetfromtheshowerbun (at least I dried the front of my hair) shake it to it's truest form and stare into the entirely too big mirror. 

No one should be forced to look at themselves in the mirror for that long.

It seems all the make-up and color immediately drains from my face the minute I stare into THAT mirror.

Maybe that is why I only go once a year?

Anyway.

I loose track of where this story was originally going...

oh...google.

So, I googled "Hair Fall 2011" to see what the trends for the season were.

I don't buy trash magazines anymore, therefore my "inspiration" for fashion/trends has to come via Internet.

These are some of the things I found online.


Um...Yes.  No Thanks...this IS what I look like already!
------------------------------------------------------------------


Really cute.  Really Really Cute.  Football Hair Hello!
----------------------------------------------------------------


Like the length.  The butt cut ONLY looks good on a handful of people.  I'm not in that hand!
---------------------------------------------------------


Love this cut!  Loved in when I had it in late 90's and 2000...Still love it! 
-----------------------------------------------------------


Okay, if I walk out of the salon tomorrow and my hair looks like this...Nathan is getting a bigger than normal tip...and I'm booking before my annual appointment!  Sign me up....wait would this involve extensions?  I'm up for it...not sure my pocketbook is though!

Would you ever consider, really consider, getting extensions?
---------------------------------------------------------

Um...I walk out of the house looking like this on a normal basis. 
Does that make me runway ready?
Looks like us mom's could walk the runway tomorrow without any maintenance!
-----------------------------------------------------------------


I do love this look.  My only fear is that EVERYONE will have it.

Just like when everyone had this:

But, I will take a mane of this!

---------------------------------------------------------------



Guess they couldn't decide.

Short.

No.

Long.

No.

Rat Tail.

Both worlds collide.
-------------------------------------------------


Pretty.
---------------------------------------

Curious to see what Nathan does tomorrow.

But on the eve before haircut day, I always have a five minute dream of walking out looking divine!

Then Poof.

Humidity.

Gone.

I will let you guys know how the annual event goes tomorrow!

Gotta go.

My bun is awaiting it's placement!
(he he)





1 comment:

Kosek Landing said...

so fun! Can't wait to see the result!