Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Our Mother's Day was filled with fun times!  Here are some pictures of our Moms!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mama

Gran, also known as Mama, Rose and Lisa (real name)...oh, and Cupcake #1 (my Daddy calls her that, he calls me Cupcake #2), is my NUMBER ONE Mom!  We have gone through many phases in our mother-daughter relationship and we now find our selves at the friendship phase.  For the first 18 years we had the parent-child relationship.  She didn't try to be my best friend, she filled her role as a Mom, as she should.  This foundation is why we have such a strong foundation as friends.  I will ALWAYS appreciate her care and tough love when I was younger.  She taught me right from wrong, even when the lessons were hard to learn.  I now realize, being a mom myself, some of those lessons were harder for her to teach.  You know the old saying, "This hurts me more than it does you."  Well, when I was the one "learning the lesson" I always thought, "YEAH RIGHT...wanna switch places lady?"  Well, now that places have switched, I'd rather be back in my jelly shoes learning the lesson instead of the high heels...or house shoes...I wear now!

Mama I appreciate all you did and continue to do for me and my family!


Hughes and Gran cooking THE BEST cookies in the world!

Kent and I call them "Healthy Cookies"...they are not...but they have oatmeal in them, therefore,
They. Are. Healthy.!  Hughes LOVES these cookies, too!  I'm sure Wiley will start to look for them under the cake plate the way Hughes does when he gets his first taste!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mama

(Since all of my computer woes...I cannot find the pictures of Ma'Lyn with the boys...
frustration. So, here is a picture of Ma'Lyn and Francie.  I think she looks gorgeous!)

Ma'Lyn, also known as Mom and Ethlyn, is truly a blessing in our life.  Rodney and Ethlyn raised two wonderful children, Mary Love and Kent.  Kent's manners and good nature are the first thing I fell in love with about him.  He was so genuine and caring...hard to come by these days.  His Mom's influence and expectations really formed the man Kent is today.  For her, I will always be thankful.  Kent is absolutely a "Momma's Boy" ... and if she was your Momma, you'd be a "Momma's Boy", too!  I am so thankful for the relationship I have with Ethlyn. 

Now that I have boys of my own, I don't know how she let her baby boy go.  How do you allow some other woman take care of your baby?  Surely, they won't do as good of a job as their Mom has done.  Will they comfort them when they are sick the way Mama does?  Will they cook warm dinners the way Mama does?  Will they pray for his well-being the way Mama does?

Ethlyn, I promise to continue to take care of Kent the way you would want.  I can't promise to ALWAYS...or hardly ever...have ironed shirts ready in the closet, but I promise to love and adore him forever.  Thank you for sharing your baby boy with me.

Attention Future Wives of Hughes and Wiley:  I don't have anything to say here, except,

Please treat my baby boys the way you will want your baby boys to be treated.


---------------------------------------------------------------

Mama Jean

Mama Jean, also known as Jean, Mama, is my Daddy's mother.  She raised five children:  Joy, Bud, Jerry, Sammy and Mark.  Mama Jean is the picture of strength.  If she were to write an autobiography of her life, you would be inspired to stand tall, empowered to be better in everything, craving to love the Lord the ways she lives and amazed...period.  Her boys...and daughter...are also, "Momma's Boys"...and again, if she was your Momma, you'd be a "Momma's Boy", too!

Isn't she gorgeous? Nearing 80 and looks at least 20 years younger! Hopefully, I will get her genes in the youth department!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Grandmother

Grandmother, also known as Mama and Polly, is my Mom's mother.  She has raised three children David, Marty and my mom (Lisa Ann).  This woman is also amazing.  P.S. She can can a mean pickle, jar scrumptious jelly and cook turnip greens so good you would EAT them...and then never eat them from anyone else!  Grandmother is a God fearing, compassionate and strong woman. 


Isn't she beautiful?  It is very rare that she allows us to take a picture of her, but this one will be framed in our house!  Granddaddy is one lucky man!

------------------------------------------------------------

Don't ask why, but I didn't get a picture with Hughes and Wiley on Mother's Day. 

I'm actually pretty upset abput it. 

So, I will post a pic of Hughes and I last Mother's Day.

For the Mother's who have gone before us and I wasn't able to meet, you live on through your children.  We still talk fondly about Grandmama Brown and Grandmama Mortimer.  I love hearing of your travels, stories and our family thrives on the lessons and morals you taught Ethlyn and Rodney. 

Happy Mother's Day Week to you All.

Our Mother's.

Mother's of Mother's.

Mothers who adopt.

Mothers who long for a child, yet haven't been able to.

 
Mothers who have lost a child.

We also think of you this week.

Once a Mom, always a Mom...love, loss and everything in between.

No comments: