Friday, May 13, 2011

Foyer Bench

I found this fun bench at an estate sale recently.

LOVED it for the foyer.

Thought the blue color would really pop off of our deep grey walls.

I also found two of these pictures at the estate sale.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE art that has texture.

Actually, these days, I don't buy anything else.

Even when I paint a canvas, I add my own texture.

This bench was also in the Delta magazine this month.

They feature it with a thick cushion.

Great Idea.

We will do that in the future...with a fun fabric of course.

I'm really into pink.

I think it is because I am surrounded by boys.

I don't even NORMALLY LIKE pink.

But, in these circumstances, this house needs a tinch more estrogen.

So, that's it.

Pink somewhere in the fabric for the cushion or throw pillows.

Also, now that I am looking at this picture, I think a rug would also look great here.

Not today.

But maybe one day.




Decorating Tip for the day:  The lens gives a whole new perspective!

Take a picture of your room.

Any room you are working on.

Looking at the image through the lens gives you a different perspective.

For instance, I didn't even think about a rug in this foyer, until I saw the photo.

Hope this helps you make your house a little more of a home.



Hope you all have a GREAT day!


2 comments:

Leslie said...

I love love love the bench!! you do such a great job with decorating! I think that was your second calling..besides being the great teacher that you were and still are to your little ones at home!! I think big pillows will look great on that bench...and a touch of pink would look great as well:)

Love

Kosek Landing said...

Love it! The collage of pictures and the sunburst mirror is beautiful! Nice work! I'm about to attempt to make covers for our outdoor furniture. Cushion number 1 here we go...if all goes well, maybe we can do the same for your foyer bench...if all goes bad, I'll give you my upholsterers number! I think pink is a great idea...but oh, your blog background is also speaking to me, and I think those color combos could be so pretty. Maybe that honeycomb pattern with that subtle yellowy-brown in the rug? Yum!