Wednesday, May 11, 2011

HGTV...Do you hear me?

We have made the decision to move forward with the landscape...

BY OURSELVES!!!

But since we have a blank canvas...

horrific..

I know...

believe me...

It drives me BONKERS...

Back to the topic...

Since we have a blank canvas, we started on the design and Round Up yesterday.

We had a plan.

Mapped it out with a water hose, spray paint and our neighbor's help.

P.S. Our neighbor's yard looks AMAZING.  He is always working in his yard and the hard work definately pays off!  Their yard puts ours to shame.  So, we MUST do something about it!

I plan on posting pictures as we continue through this process.

This process will take years.

But, we have nothing but time.

Enjoy.



If HGTV came to my house, I would ask for painted greyish khaki brick, wood stained shutters, thick and substantial wood stained columns, stained concrete porches, new front doors with simple lines and 3/4ths glass, two lanterns flanking the front door with gas flame, pergula built off the front with matching gas latern hanging from the center while whispers of the whisteria dance in and around the beams of the beams...and of course landscaping.

And in the backyard, a covered kitchen including the following:  built in gas grill, built in Green Egg, fireplace with a flat screen tv over the mantle, rustic dining table with mismatched chairs, brick wall around the perimeter and a fire pit encircled by adorandak chairs and tables sprinkled with blooming flowers at every nook and cranny.

I'm just saying.

HGTV...

DO YOU HEAR ME?

We are definately a desperate landscape.

Would love to have a Insides Out backyard.

How do I sign up?

HGTV...

Do you hear me?

Will work for shrubs.

I know how to sweat.

We can find some helping hands.

We will give you good TV.

I will cook the entire crew rice krispie treats to munch on during the yard work.

HGTV...

Do you hear me?

Well, until HGTV comes to the BIG TOWN, we will toil on and create our own little masterpiece.

2 comments:

Kosek Landing said...

We will help! Maybe we can come down one weekend in June (May sees to have filled up!) It will look great, and your vision sounds so beautiful!

elise said...

O my gosh Brit,
this is so funny you posted about this. I actually emailed Desperate Landscapes from HGTV. We have a lack of(well actually we have NO, I mean ZERO grass in our yard) partly a shade problem, partly a husband who went crazy spraying the yard problem. Either way I havent heard back so Im assuming not a good sign. In the meantime we did manage to find a white trash way to get grass! Since Mom and Dad had to dig up their yard to build their levee, we stole their grass. there's no shame for a green lawn!!
Talk to you soon,
love Elise
p.s. i'll give you some of my shrubs for your grass :)