Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wiley's Dresser

Kim found this dresser for me on Craig's List and
thought it would be perfect for Wiley's room.

Turns out...it will be more than perfect!

The price was right and the timing couldn't have been better!

We made it a family project.

Honestly, we had so much fun working on this piece!

I can see many more weekend projects in our future!

First, Kent took off the hardware and sanded down the dresser.

Hughes helped, of course! ;)


 


Then we applied a light coating of blue as the first layer of paint.


Then we applied a slightly thicker coating of white over the blue.  Then we sanded around the edges until we got the look we wanted.  Here is a close up of the dresser mirror. 

Here is the finished piece.  We also put two coats of white paint inside the drawers for a more finished look.

I will post another picture once we have the dresser/changing table in Wiley's room!


Gran, Papa Sam, Kent, Hughes and I all had so much fun putting some love into Wiley's piece of furniture.

The sweet baby boy doesn't have MANY things that won't be hand me downs, but he will have a custom piece of furniture....made with so much love!

I bought a canvas yesterday to work on a painting for his room.

Still trying to decide how I want it to turn out!

I have definatley gotten into the nesting mode.

These are things that are in process and trying to be accomplished BEFORE the arrival of Wiley:

1.  Nursery decorated and everything in it's place.

2.  Bathroom addition bricked up.  Our mason is here now banging away:)

3.  Mirror and lighting hung in the master bathroom.

4.  Fix the water standing under one end of the house....

5.  so we can start the landscaping.

6.  Yard mowed and presentable.

7.  House cleaned and decorated for Spring/Easter.

8.  House, concrete and driveway wall pressure washed.

9.  Construction site GONE and looking like a home.

Yes, Kent, I realize you are reading this and probably you are sweating bullets.  But, these are just WANTS not really NEEDS.

But, feel free to get as much done as possible :)

-------------------------------

On another note...

or perhaps the SAME outline...different bullet....

The doctor's appointment went great yesterday.

I am going to the doc on a weekly basis now...

along with gaining weight on a daily basis.

But, it is ALL worth it and we can't wait to meet our new little man.

3 comments:

Kosek Landing said...

love a diy!!!!! your dresser looks like a million bucks!

I should have given you Wiley's little baby warming gift yesterday. It may have helped with inspiration for your canvas...dang it! Please add: Find Kim's Brain to your bulleted list...thanks.

Mom said...

I'll do what I can to help Kent. The list seems to keep growing!!

JBFerguson said...

Love the dresser. I also love your list. Bill hides all pens and paper in the house so I do not have the ability to make one...good thing I am extremely loud and can just shout orders:)