Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine Idea

A Valentine Idea for You

Valentine's Day is about telling the people that you love....

WHY you love them

And telling them generously on this special day coming up soon!

Today I decided to make a Valentine for our family!

Each day we will write a note and place it in each others' bag.

It may say:

"I loved watching you play football with Hughes!"

"Thank you for always doing the laundry!"

"Daddy, thanks for letting me play EXTRA long in the bathtub tonight!  I loved playing in the bubbles!"

"I love you EVEN though you DON'T ALWAYS have shirts iorned for me and hanging in the closet!" :)

"You are my sunshine.  My only sunshine.  You make me happy when skies are grey.  You'll never know dear how much I love you.  Please don't take my sunshine away."  Love. Mama

It could be ANYTHING that pops in your head.

And on Valentine's Day we will be able to read the sweet notes that have
been written for us!

Could you ask for a better present?


Just started with some paper gift bags. 

You could certainly use paper lunch bags, ziplocs, baskets, vases...

really anything you have on hand.


Cut strips of construction paper/typing paper/....again any paper you have on hand.

I placed our strips in a bucket with a pen!...

A piece of paper for each of us until Valentine's Day!

Here is the finished product! 

Our Valentine's Day will be filled with lots of sweet thoughts and moments...

AND

Better Yet!

We didn't break the bank!



Happy Valentine Month!

Are you planning anything special for Valentine's Day?



2 comments:

Kosek Landing said...

What a cute idea! I'm on it! Now if I could just figure out a place to set this up without the strips of paper becoming Kate's collage artwork and the bags becoming "birthday gifts" for everyone in the house. Plus I'm sure Jack will find some way to destroy the whole thing all together. Probably dump the pens in the toilet...but I'm ready to give it a try. cute idea.

JBFerguson said...

Such a cute idea. If I was teaching right now, this would be cute to do with my students. I hope everything is going well. Thanks for your comments on the blog. I hope you are feeling good and are getting ready for that sweet boy. Having two is SO much fun!