Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Twelve Tidbits: Five


Twelve Tidbits: Five

Okay. 

If I ever get away to get a mani/pedi again, I'm going to ask for Shellac!

What is Shellac you say?


Um.


It is a hybrid.

Half nail polish

Half gel.

The makers of CND created this magic.

No drills are needed.

Just time under a UV light once it is applied.

I usually get an acrylic overlay on top of my natural nail.

No tips...like back in the day.

Shellac is best suited for chickas that want to maintain natural nails.






Which brings me to my next point.


Short nails.


Just do short nails.

Personal Side Note: 



I pick the skin around my fingers.

Kent hates it.

I figure it is better than BITING my nails.

But it still looks gross.

You can tell the stress in my life by looking at the skin around my nails.

If it is non-existent and looks like pressed plywood.

I am stressing.

Internally.

And taking it out on my fingers.

Helps me cope.

Anyway.

When I got the overlay it created a thick layer of "nail"....

which was NOT conducive to my habit.

The extra thickness that the overlay doesn't allow me to skin my nails.

Kent tells me weekly to get a manicure.

And if I could find a salon within a 30 mile radius that was open at midnight, once everyone is asleep,

I would take him up on it.

Do you feel me.

Two tots in a nail salon isn't exactly...relaxing...or enjoyable...

for anyone.

Photo Via: Here

Anyway.

Let's get back on track.

The nail tips (pun intended) that you should take away from this post:

1. Shellac is rockin'

2.  Short is poppin'

3.  Long is droppin'

4.  Natural is hoppin'

Now for a funny!

If you haven't seen this YouTube clip...

You MUST watch it!

Hillarious...

it will not be wasted time!

Unless, of course, you have never gotten your nails "done" in a chain store.
 
But, you know you have. 
 
Remember prom 1999.
 
Hey, even November 17, 2007 for me.
 
Can't help it.
 
Secretly LOVE tips...at "active" length.
 
They make me feel pretty-ish.



Happy Tidbits!

Disclaimer:  Do not be under any conceptions that my nails are shellacked right now.

Or in a "manicure".

Or even ... even...they haven't seen a file in too many Mondays!




No comments: