Wednesday, August 17, 2011

National Debt

If it is so easy to raise money for political campaigns, why then, doesn't the president hold a huge fundraiser for the national debt? 

Just in September of 2008, our president's campaign raised over $10 million dollars in private donors, within 24 hours of Sarah Palin's acceptance speech.

Therefore, why don't the same friendly "private donors" give towards the national debt.

Just pay down $10 million a day. 

Just like that day in September. 

All those giving people wanting to do good. 

Here's your chance. 

We'll just open up an online fundraiser and people can "privately" give towards the national debt. 

$10 million a day for just one year would equal $3,650,000,000

...since the national debt total is around $14,620,100,000,000. 

(I rounded down. While I was on the U.S. National Debt clock it changed probably every second...no joke...check it out for yourself... U.S. Debt Clock)

It would be a start.

This would, of course, be EXTRA on the payments that we are "already making". 

(yeah right)

I'm just sayin'...donations would help.

In addition, all of the campaign money that presidents "raise" will also go toward the debt.

Or, at least, there will be a cap on presidential campaigns...

While we are at it, let's just cap all forms of government campaigns.

Personally, I think we should get good ole' Dave Ramsey in office for Treasurer. 

Figure this big 'ole mess out!





I know, I know, little ole me, solving the worlds problems. he he

Disclaimer:  I do not intend to "act" like I know what I'm talking about.  Just gathering information that the media gives me and putting a little common sense to go with it to try to figure out some answers.  Nothing bothers me more than someone (media/government) bringing a problem to me without any options of how to fix it.  I'm not talking a million page write up either.  You worry with the logistics. Give me the big picture and an end result. Get busy. Babies are napping.  Got to get some washing done. 

Seacrest out.

No comments: