Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wild Little Man

Hughes is a wild little man these days!

Even the smallest of tasks, seem like I am climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa...barefoot...without water...

...and don't forget...NINE months pregnant.

When I finish these small task, I LOOK like I've climbed up one side of the mountain and tumbled down the other side...

and a contraction or two is usually involved in the tiniest task!

But luckily, this weekend, Mama came into town to help us tie up a few loose ends before Wiley comes...

in a little over..

...dare I say...

WEEK!

Yes, Wiley will be here VERY SOON!!!!  We can't wait!

Side Note:  This pregnancy has flown by so fast.  Last night, Kent and I were watching TV and during commercial break I had to track to the restroom.

  On my way, I just passed by Hughes room...

then Wiley's ALMOST finished nursery...

caught a wiff of baby powder and Dreft...

and the tears started to flow.

It was like the reality of two sweet little boys hit me like a ton of Kilimanjaro boulders :)

I had already stopped crying before I made it back to the den where Kent was sitting.

No sense in letting him know how COO COO my emotions are these days.

Oh...who am I kidding?

Kent is WELL AWARE of my COO COO emotions, at this point...

bless his pea pickin' heart!

-------------------------------

Here are a few pictures of Hughes Sunday after church, as Gran and Kent wrestled  the wild man!

Me:  "Hughes, smile at Mama.  Say cheese.  Hughes!  Cheeeeeeese.  Hughes.  Look at meeee.  CHeeeeseeeeseee!"

You see how far that went! :)
Me:  "Hughes, please look at Mama.  You look soooo nice today.  CHeeesee.  Hughes.  Cheesey cheesey cheese. (gruff voice) Just try to hold him still ONE second."
No success on a posed pic...but I guess the above pictures really tell more about his little personality right now anyway!

Huh?  Me?  I'm Calm.  Just look at me.  Wild Man?  What ARE you talking about?




I LOVE the above picture.  Gran and Hughes both look soo happy and giddy with each other.

Here we go.  A simple task.  Changing a diaper.  Changing clothes.

Hughes is playing peek-a-boo.

Gran and Kent decided to double team it.

This was after he kicked Wiley in the head and Mama in the belly...

Mama hen had to double over :)

Not intentional, of course,

just being the ball of fun little Wild Man he is these days!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

1 WEEK!!!!!!!! I cannot believe it is almost here. Good luck with everything, two boys, how adorable!

Catherine said...

Wow!!! 1 week. Love Hughes' outfit!