Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happiness

Today, there will be no pictures. 

Just words.

Words with zero rhyme or order.

----------------------------------

Today I am thankful and feeling happiness in a true and raw form. 

As I was unloading Wiley's clothes from the dryer to get ready to go to the hospital...

 and Hughes was helping me pick up the tiny blue socks that had fallen from my armload of Dreft clean bundle of blue...

A wave of happiness came over me. 

Almost a realization of...

I am so happy.

Truly happy.

(Instead of doing housework this week, I played with Hughes.  Dishes are piled up in the sink.  Clothes are waiting patiently to be washed, folded and put away.  Pictures are waiting around wanting to be hung on the wall.  Bags are waiting to be packed for the hospital.  My hair is in a ponytail awaiting PROPER treatment. 

But NONE of these THINGS will even give me ONE thought.  Since Hughes WILL give me many thoughts today and forever, I put the "things" on the backburner...

oh, let's be honest, they didn't even make it to the stove! 

So, at least for this week, I enjoyed extra time with Hughes and let the dishes keep themselves company in the sink instead of the cabinets.  After the doctor's appointment Thursday, Kent and I realized this was our LAST week where it will just be the three of us.  We are trying to make the most of every little minute. Our love is about to grow in leaps and bounds and we are so excited.)

Our growing family makes me happy.

Thinking of the near AND far future makes me happy.

Taking clothes out of the dryer and propping them on my HUGE belly and holding them down with my chin makes me happy...while socks and binkies trail behind me.

-----------------------------------

Lots of times I find myself getting overwhelmed and not being content.

However, the bible states in Hebrews 13:5, "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Which screams to me, stop being so ungrateful and give thanks where you have been blessed by Him

...you silly lady!

-------------------------------

Also, having a house that I now call "home" makes me happy.

------------------------

(Side Note:  As you know, we have been doing LOTS and LOTS of work on our house.  I would pull up in the driveway thinking here we are back at SOMEONE else's house.  This pile of bricks didn't feel like home. 

But in one statement, my whole thought process changed and from that moment, my perspective of this house has changed.  The moment was this. 

Hughes and I had been to the store about a month and a half ago.  As we started up the hill and turned the curve, Hughes said, "Home.".  At that very moment, this house became our home.  This house was "home" to Hughes.  Regardless of the empty walls, bare windows, college furniture, uncovered electrical outlets, etc. 

Our children will ride by this house one day (Kent and I may or may not still be here) and say, "that is where we used to live.  We had so much fun in that house."

With all of this being said, I will do ANYTHING to make this house a home Kent, Hughes, Wiley, and anyone else who may or may not come along, will be proud to call "home".  Everything may not be positioned the way I like it.  Hung on the wall right when I want it done.  Draperies falling from the ceiling the exact moment I want them to fall.  However, I want this family to remember the good memories of this house, we will now call home.  I have fallen in love with this home.  Fallen in love with it's possibilities and potential.  I hope you feel the same way about your home.)

---------------------------------
Back to happiness.

I am filled with happiness today.

We MAY meet Wiley this very week...according to the Doc!

Hughes will become a big brother.

Our parent's will add another grandchild to their family.

Our grandparent's will add another great-grandchild to their family.

The Mortimer family is blessed and ...

Happy! 

We wish you the same on this gorgeous Saturday!

2 comments:

elise said...

Will said that Kent told him Tues. you might not be coming back home until he gets here! I know your sooooo.... ready! Please keep us informed and if you do stay in jackson let us know! Have a great final weekend? as a family of 3 :)!
(bet thats a strange thing to think about)
Love... Elise

Kelly Aldridge said...

Britanny! I can't wait to see pictures of Wiley! Glad y'all had a great weekend! Everything will come together perfectly in your house and it will be worth the wait!!! I can completely relate!!!