Sunday, July 26, 2009

Can it be done?

Today is the day that I start TRYING to get back in shape! I haven't officially gone back to the doctor to get the big O.K. But, I will have to start out slow so I'm not really worried about doing any damage! For example, tonight Kent and I took Hughes for a 9:00p.m. stroll around the neighborhood. I put my workout pants on...too tight of course, laced up my tennis shoes, threw Hughes in the Bob stroller (which is amazing!!), and headed out the door! First of all, when I put the workout gear on...I meant business..:) Now, next week when I pull the Polar Heartrate monitor out...I will mean SERIOUS business! Anyway, tonight my plan is to work in intervals. I will walk a minute and then run minute and so forth until I can go no longer. So here we go! Minute one...walk. Minute two...run (okay really this is a jog that is no faster than Kent's walk!). Minute 2 1/2...side stitch! Are you kidding me? Have I really been jogging for 30 seconds and I am hurting? This workout routine may get off to a slower start than I thought! Nonetheless, I continued this walk until we finished the circle and made it back to the driveway. What's the saying?, "No pain, no gain." I can only hope that the side stitch won't start until minute 4 tomorrow!
...................................................
Random Thought: I have always wondered why "Moms" wear their pants up so much higher than they should. I mean, there is not much attractive about jeans that are up around your neck and the back pockets sit more on your lower back than your bum. But, I have figured out why wearing pants under the chest is so fab for Moms...they are just trying to get their old jeans to fit around the smallest part of their body...which happens to have shifted after 9 months. What used to be their 'waist' (around the belly button) has now moved north (right below the rib cage)! The alternative is to wear the jeans on the hip, but then the problem is muffin top hanging over the waistband or elastic top pants (and I think we all know the major brands are not going to start making elastic waist bands the hip item for the Fall '09 season)! So, I apologize to all the Moms out there that I looked at and secretly wanted come up behind you and jerk your pants down 10 inches! This lesson learned is the drive behind the above paragraph...Can one really find their old body or has a permanent shift been made? To be continued...


See Photo Below: This is Alessandra Ambrosio's body nine weeks after giving birth (a Victoria's Secret model)...clearly there is a secret and she hasn't shared it with the other Moms in the world.

See Below: Look at this face! Who can really complain about body image when you have a sweet baby that looks at you like you are perfect in everyway?

4 comments:

JBFerguson said...

Man I am still working on getting my body back. I have no clue how the movie stars do it!

Kosek Landing said...

It's called starvation and personal trainers...usually not a healthy combination.

Jenny and Britanny...you both look great! Now, zip the lip!

Also, that's hilarious about the new momma waist line...I never thought about it! But, so true.

Mary Love said...

Well, Britanny, you could take my first approach (after Francie) and just get another bun warming in the oven. After Harlan, I took no approach, yet one was kinda chosen for me. Chasing 2 toddlers is an amazing weight loss plan! I've just given up on the 'ole body for now, until I know for sure if I'm done or not. Then, perhaps I'll try to get in some sort of shape. Love, ML

Aunt Laura said...

Hilarious.... I am cracking up:) I have been there with the side stiches and definitely the muffin top.... Heck I still have it. But mine is now from nothing but FOOD!!!!! No baby to blame. Oh I can blame John Mark, since I blame him for everything that is not "normal" around our house. But Sweet Boy is innocent this time:)