Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Routines and Traditions

Early Bird Special with scrambled eggs, bacon, grits, and wheat toast please! Yes, that's right! We took Hughes to his first Primos outing! Since Kent and I have been dating and I have lived in Jackson, we have made it a tradition of going to Primos on Saturday mornings. We always get there around tenish and chow down for brunch. It used to be just the two of us in a booth. Then, we introduced Mom to Primos when she came into town. Now, she makes sure she is here in time to make it to the brunch! About a few months ago, our Primos crew grew with the Kosek's. Kevin and Kim brought their little ones along and Kate and Jack seem to really enjoy the down home cooking, too! And we finally have introduced Hughes to the Primos family. Our two person booth has grown to be two square tables pushed together with all the chairs in use! Kent and I are a very predictable family. If it ain't broke don't fix it. We are a very routine kind of couple. During the school year, I can tell you every step that I take to get ready in the mornings. I hit snooze WAY too many times. After about 6 snooze slaps, I roll out of the bed. Turn the light on. Turn the shower on so the temp will be to my liking. Use the restroom. Grab a towel and wash cloth. Plug in the hair dryer and curling iron, straightener, or rollers...whatever I am feeling that day. Jump in the shower. Hop out. Throw on the housecoat (aka bath robe...Kent makes fun of my housecoat term. He said it makes me sound like a grandmother!). Anyway, the point is I have a defined routine in the mornings...and that is just the first 45 minutes of my day! However, I have a feeling my 'routine' will be topsy turvy as soon as we start going back to school. My old routine will be thrown out and a new one will be put into place to make sure that Hughes needs are met.

We have always said, "It's the simple things in life." We really do believe this concept. Whether it be Primos every Saturday morning or a morning routine that hardly ever goes off without a hitch, Kent and I have a wonderful life filled with blessings we don't deserve. We are thankful. So, my advice for the day is: Appreciate all the things that make your family work. Every family is different, yet special in their own way. What works for others, probably will NOT work for you. Make your family your own and enjoy 'all the simple things'!

3 comments:

Kosek Landing said...

The simple things are the best: Jack smiling, Kevin getting ever ones drinks ready while I finish up dinner, and Kate saying, "lu ju mom."

Life is good!

Anonymous said...

I sure am enjoying all of the pictures. He is so precious and is "maturing" so quickly. Enjoy every minute as you cannot get them back.
Kay

Anonymous said...

Mama Jean and I enjoy reading all of these blogs together and are counting down the hours for the First Annual MJ Magic Thing! She said, "That Hughes' feet wont touch the floor!" Love you, B