Thursday, July 16, 2009

Best Season Yet


Our lives now revolve around a three hour block. Hughes needs to eat every three hours during the day. I have always considered myself a very efficent person. Once I set my mind on something, I can get the job done. But let me just tell you all, now I am smoking fast! When Hughes hits snooze, I can get so much more done than usual! Empty the dishwasher, make the bed, throw clothes in the washer, fold the clothes from the dryer, get a shower, throw on make-up, update this blog, take a few photos of Snuggle Bug, and maybe lay my head down for a quick nap. Now if I could just find the time to get this body in some kind of shape. I look up to all Moms everywhere now that I know the super human capabilities that come along with Momhood. Where is the comic book SuperMom? Lately, I have been comforted taking care of another life. My whole life I have enjoyed and needed to be needed. Hence, my career choice, a first grade teacher, is very demanding in the needs department. Wiping noses, band aids for boo boos, shoe strings tied, teaching little ones to enjoy reading, encouraging six year olds to take less that 30 minutes in the restroom, and so much more. Then I married Kent. He needs me also. Allow him a little Kent time every now and then, hugs and kisses to let him know I care, keep clean boxers in his drawer, warm freezer dinners at night for nutrition:), and hopefully I do much more for him. Now Hughes has come into our life. He needs me for snuggling, changing those wet and dirty diapers, baths every other day, feeding him eight meals a day (at least), playing classical music during play time, and hugs and kisses to last an eternity. My cup runneth over and I am so thankful. I have always thought I was meant for 'something more' and maybe that 'something more' is our growing family. People have always said, "What I would do to go back to high school." or "I would love to live college all over again." I haven't been through any season in life that I would want to relive. Maybe this is the season that I have always been looking for? All I do know is that being a wife and mom has trumped every other experience thus far. So bring on the packed three hour stretches, loads of laundry, tears of joy, tears of pain, and all the hugs and kisses I can give out!

Here are updated photos of Hughes from today:






4 comments:

Ethlyn Mortimer said...

He is really alert to be less than 4 weeks old! As Mike always says about Francie and Harlan, "he's advanced" for his age!
Keep those pictures coming!
MaLyn

Aunt Laura said...

Okay, he has my big bug eyes:) How precious is he..... Loved the photo of you asleep with him - that is a money shot of Britanny if there ever was one! You look right at home. Then the stretching photo - so precious... I could go on and on.... and oh yes, please tell Kent that he still has his lips:) I love you all so much. I am so proud of the wonderful Mom you have become and I agree - it fits you perfectly. Of course I am crying as I write this - no Kent, not a wedding rehearsal cry but pretty darn close! XXOO to Sweet Face Hughes - or "Howard Hughes" as Mark so affectionately calls him. See you in 2 weeks!

Brandy Russell said...

Brit - I love reading the blog. Thus today I agree with Aunt Laura - it had me boo hooing my eyes out! I know you are such an amazing wife and mom...
Hughes is getting more and more precious everyday! I can not wait to see all of you soon. Love you!

Unknown said...

Brit- I love your blog and so glad to get to see yor family grow! Kim will be so proud of yuor blog - your stories are so good. Hope you all are doing well!

Love you-
Grace