Thursday, July 2, 2009

"I wanna See It"



Francie, Harlan, and Hughes

Today, Francie and Harlan met Hughes! When they first walked in the door they were a little shy. To be honest, I don't think they had found him just yet. They walked right past him and looked in his bassinet. "What's that?", was the reaction Harlan had, in his deep little voice. But there was no Baby Hughes in the bed! The two of them finally turned around and found JoBeth, a friend of mine, holding him in her lap. Francie and Harlan kept their distance at first, but slowly inched up to the little one. We just knew Francie would be so excited and be so interested in Hughes. She has been talking about meeting him for quite a while now. I had also decided Harlan wouldn't really pay him any attention. Boy, was I wrong! Harlan kept getting closer and closer! He repeated over and over, "I wanna see it. I wanna see it."


Harlan and Hughes


We are really looking forward to seeing them grow up together. There will be many fun times ahead for the children! There will be many holidays, birthdays, Saturdays, and mud puddles for these little ones coming up! Hughes has one more set of first cousins to meet. First cousins are like having immediate best friends. You never really talk about your friendship with them...you just know it exists! So my advice for the day is for you to reminisce all those messy, hot, wild days spent with your first cousins. Enjoy your thoughts of childhood!





3 comments:

Kosek Landing said...

I always loved summer and Christmas vacations with my cousins. We would tear up the arcade at the Lake of the Ozarks, and throw so many stuffed animals down the laundry shoot at my Grandma Shirley and Popa Doc's house at Christmas time. In fact, I really miss my time with my cousins a lot!

Anonymous said...

If only Hughes had known the imminent danger he was in when his cousins arrived to see him for the first time.......just kidding!

The three of them are going to have SO much fun at Big Daddy and MaLyn's house when they visit together!
ebm

Mary Love said...

Ok, I'm feeling your pain with the sleepless nights, and you know how everyone has such good adivce for you (me included, ha ha), but.....make sure his tummy is full, his diaper is dry, he is snug as a bug and safe and sound....then turn the monitor on down low and let little News cry just a little. Plus, read that book I gave you (you know, in all your spare time), and it will give you some good tips that I can't even remember. I know it just kills Kent to hear a sniffle, but sometimes they just have to cry a bit and learn to soothe themselves. Then he'll be sleeping 12 hours straight, and so will you! Hang in there - the first 8 weeks are the toughest, and then I promise it gets better! Can't wait to see you all soon. Francie has been asking about Baby Hughes a lot and wanting to know when she can see him again. Give him a kiss from all of us, and we promise not to come close until we're all 100%!
Love, ML