Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Britches for Boys

Fall was calling for the boys to have some britches.

And.

I did promise a few photos of the Britches for the Boys.

I used the Britches and Bloomers pattern for Wiley's britches.
(I would link you to the pattern somewhere on the internet.  However, my dinosaur computer isn't working with me and I refuse to lose my M.I.N.D. over something silly like this.)

For Hughes pants, I adapted the "Jackson" short pattern into fun little baggy britches for boys.
(Would also link you here...but you know the drill.  I'm sure if you are curious enough and you googled: Britches and Bloomers pattern and Jackson pattern you would find it...who knows.  Stegasaurus won't open more than one window at a time!!!!!!!!)

The cuff was added for a little extra.

Little extras make me happy.

Here is the black and white stripe pique that I adore!


Here are the britches with pups.  Harlan and Francie have coordinating pants coming as well.

Tomorrow I will update a picture of them.
(They are not finished yet.  I want to size the britches on them tomorrow before I place their cuff.
And Francie's "cuff" is actually a sweet ruffle with a rolled hem.)


Here are the britches that will coordinate with their shirts we ordered.


I added a little tag that was made from scrap fabric.  Now, we will know the front from the back during our dailygettingdressedwrestle.  For some reason, Hughes thinks getting dressed is some sort of game. 


And...breath of fresh air, folks...The Serger.

I mean.

The.Ser.ger.

I can't explain the love towards to serger.
It's just too personal for the blog.


Hope you are all having a great first week in October!

Oh! Fall is such a wonderful time of year!

P.S. I REALLY like the word britches.  So fun to say.

Britches. 

Also, I love the word blouse. A blouse IS different than a shirt. 
Sometimes I just like to share randomness that bobbles around in my organized mess of a noggin'.

1 comment:

Kelly Aldridge said...

A serger!!! I am so jealous!!! I miss my love affair with sewing... maybe I'll be able to pull my machine back out soon! =)