Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It All Started with a Blind Date....


It all started with a blind date in January of 2005!!  Kent was working for MNBB, a banker's bank, in Madison.  He called on Farmer's & Merchants in Baldwyn and ALL the ladies, especially Teresa, just thought we should meet! Kent was dating someone for a while, but believe me, I heard about him EVERY time he was in town OR even COMING to town. 

One day in December, I had come home from Mississippi State for the holiday vacation.  I won't ever forget the day, because Michelle brought a bank envelope to my mom, at home.  I'm sure you have seen one of these envelopes before.  They are probably 9 inches by 11 inches in size, the color of the worst orange you can think of, and consist of an excel looking sheet filled with signatures of ones that pass IMPORTANT information from one to another!  What was this very important document that Mama needed at home and on the weekend?  Well, Michelle didn't hand it to Mama.  She handed it to me.  Why me?  I have no business holding such an official envelope!  I don't want to get into trouble.  What if this envelope holds deeds to the capital?  What if this is, more likely, loan papers for someone?  I don't have the clearance to look through papers of this importance.  I looked in the envelope though!

You know what it was?

An 8x10...you heard me...8x10 of Kent Mortimer.

I could tell by the photo that he was standing with someone in the original photo shoot.  I also knew that the picture was taken in front of the FMB Christmas tree.  (It's the same tree they have had since I was little, probably with the same decorations.)  First reaction, pity.  I pitied this poor boy.  SURELY, he had NO idea that he was being cropped out of photos and being blown up to 8x10 photographs!

Second reaction, Kent, that I had heard about for probably a year, was stinkin' cute!

Merry Christmas to me!

I figured it would go NO further than this 8x10.

I mean this was silly.  Things like this don't come to fruition in real life.

Well, the holiday went on.  Our family moved into our new house that Christmas Eve..with the addition of 2 new dogs!

I mention the dogs because, unknown to me, KENT got pictures emailed to him of me with Tip, our new pomeranian.

How embarressing!

Pictures sent to him via email! AAaaaahhh!!!

Kent called my house after Christmas. 

I made fun of him for the picture.

He later told me he wasn't expecting me to make fun of him when I didn't even know him.

We had our first BLIND DATE January 4th, 2005.

It went well.

I thought.

But, the little stinker didn't call me for 2 weeks.

I think it was Guy Code...you know...let 'em sweat a bit.

Actually, he says, "I was just busy."

uh..huh

But, here we are 3 years later.  Kent has blessed my life in many ways.

I am now a part of his family and he is a part of mine.

Seamless.

We now have our own Growing family.

And can't wait to see what the years ahead hold!

Here is a few pictures of us together.


 This was taken the day before our wedding day!
 Honeymoon picture. 
 Our first Christmas card picture with Gus!
We were expecting Hughes at Bronwyn and Erik's wedding!

We had no idea though! 

The next week we found out!

I USUALLY take very goofy pictures.  Photogenic is not an adjective that is associated with my name!


This was the weekend I moved to Jackson!
Apartment living.  Kent helped hang curtains.  We were JUST deciding we liked each other...
6 months AFTER the first date.

We took it slow.


Kent showing public affection...
...not here Kent...



 We are awaiting the arrival of our firstborn!
 Hughes finally arrived!  And is the PERFECT addition to our family!

...now we just await the arrival of our 2nd addition.  We are so excited.

We have had the best 3 years of our life thus far!

Can't wait to see what the next 3 hold for us!

2 comments:

Charlie and Mandy Lynskey said...

I remember the picture!haha So funny!

elise said...

PRICELESS! CAN'T WAIT TO TELL WILL ABOUT THIS ONE!! WE LOVE YALL BOTH, HE DEF SNAGGED A GREAT GIRL!! HOPE TO SEE YALL THIS WEEKEND.