Friday, November 12, 2010

A Little Bit of This...

A Little Bit of This....

Today we had our chimney sweeped!  Yes, that's right!  There are real live Chimney Sweepers out there!
The picture below is the chimney sweepers we had! 
I turned the flash off and snuck a picture!  I don't know why but I have been very intrigued to know that this profession exist!

....This profession doesn't only exist in Mary Poppins! 

I think, shallowly (is that a word...no), that this would be the experience we would have this morning!  At least twenty men dancing on our rooftop, swinging Hughes and I around sturdy broom sticks, clapping to the beat of "Step in Time." 

Needless to say, there was no music, just the sound of the LARGEST Vac Vac that you've ever seen and me bringing them the last of our garbage bags!
But, we can now enjoy the rolling fire during our frigid, frightful, freezing, ferocious Fall and Winter months!
(Sarcasm:  It's a pitfall of mine!)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Little Bit of That...

Ma'Lyn just made these pants for Hughes to wear during the Christmas season! 
Are they not adorable?


-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hughes walked around all morning in wonder and amazement!

The boy LOVES a vac vac and since we had the pleasure opportunity to have
the LARGEST Vac Vac known to man in our den today, he was pretty stoked!
Hughes WOULD NOT go down for a nap.
And I couldn't deny him the enjoyment of the Vac Vac monstrosity.
So, no morning nap for Hughes.

Or, lunch for that matter. 
Because we ran to the store.
He fell asleep on the way home.
And refused to wake up for food.
Too much entertainment for one morning, I guess!



-------------------------------------------------------------------
 I love shoes.

(I warned you this was "A little bit of this and A little bit of that :)

I love shoes.

Shoes was my first word.

Don't believe me?

Ask my Mama!

When I was little, I would lay under the pew during the sermon, and stare with wonder and amazement at the women's shoes.  The colorful ones were my favorite.

It must be said that Mrs. Daisy ALWAYS had the most appealing and entertaining shoes!

I used to dream of playing in her shoe closet.  Then walk on the kitchen floor to hear the most beautiful sound in the world.

The sound of confidence.

The sound of independence.

The sound of beauty.

The sound of a woman.

Click click.. click click ..click click

p.s. The skinner the heel the better the click.

Told you I loved shoes.

Maybe I need therapy.

This may not be normal.

 I love shoes.

I either love them.

Or hate them.

And I know it when I see it.

And the following shoes...

Well, I love them.

Actually, it is a love/hate relationship.

Why hate?

Because, I will never own a pair.

But, we can always dream!



Now, the below boots are more my speed.  I'm pretty sure, even if I had a closet full of the Christian Louboutin shoes above, there would not be ONE place to wear them.



But these brown boots...they would fit right in my wardrobe.

Oh, luscious black booties, I'm sure we could squeeze you into the wardrobe, too!
-----------------------------------------------------------

And lastly, I am in the process of making Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls.



We are at the part in the process where we are waiting for the dough to rise.

It takes an hour.

PW's recommendation was to go fold a load of towels or something.

Never have been one to like people to tell me what to do.

I rebel.

I blogged instead!

Liberating!


2 comments:

Kelly Aldridge said...

That is a post full of this and that! I can't believe you got it finished in an hour... it would have taken me at LEAST half a day!!! =)

Charlie and Mandy Lynskey said...

Let's go shoe shopping...I'm ready