Friday, October 29, 2010

It's a...........................................................

Yesterday was the day!

We all loaded up bright and early to go to the doctor.

Doctor's appointment at nine.

I was so tired, since I didn't sleep ANY the night before.

I have had so much anxiety about this baby.

Just needed to know that Little Bundle was looking healthy and off to a good start!

As, we were in the waiting room, Kent was trying to comfort me. 

Many of you know that it takes ALOT to get me worked up about something...anything.

But, I had let wild horses take my mind to scary places and then the horses dropped me off and left me there to dwell.

Not a fun horse riding adventure.

But Kent was there to come rescue me from the deep dark forest.

He assured me that no matter what, everything would work out.

I digress, back to happiness......  :)

We were very excited to find out the sex of our next bundle of joy.

But more importantly, I wanted to see, or Dr. Gnam to see, the sonogram to make sure everything was looking okay.

I think since we have had Hughes, we have realized that HEALTHY born babies are a blessing.

I digress again...  stay focused!

So, we get in the sonographers office.

She puts the warm jelly on my tummy.

And immediately.... when she placed the wand on my belly....

we knew....

our next bundle is a sweet....

baby....

BOY!

And right after that, Kent said,

"So I guess we are having number three?" with a HUGE smile on his face!

WOE HOSS! (You must read this with a backwoods country twang to get the feeling I had!) Can we get this baby here, fed, and functioning before we even GO to baby number three?

We both smiled. 

Especially since Hughes was very curious and smiling about why he saw a black and white movie of a baby

...AND why mommy had a wand on her belly button!

He had no idea he was watching his first video of his soon-to-be best friend and partner in the great big world!

Hughes was grinning from ear to ear, as were Kent and I!

We are super excited and can't wait to meet our Little Bundle!

Hope you all have a great Friday!

OH...

If you are wondering how we told our parents, this was the plan.

I emailed this poem to someone at their work/hotel.

(My Mom was at work.  My Dad was at work.  And Kent's Parents are in San Diego for a conference.)

Here is the Poem:

Today is the day
The stork will say


If a brother or a sister
Is on the way


A delivery will be sent from Hughes
So he can share his good news


The special way that you will know
Is by the colors that will show


Will it be a girl or boy...
Either way we can share the joy
 
Concierge delivered the poem in San Diego. 
 
 I called Stephanie and asked her to go to Papa Sam's office and read it aloud to him.
 
And then we called Janice and ask her to go and find Gran and read it aloud to her!
 
Now, the poem has been delivered!
 
So, I needed to get in touch with some florist! ASAP!
 
My parents were easy!
 
Call Susan's Flowers in Baldwyn...she always does a great job...and get her to deliver to Papa Sam and Gran.
 
Now, for San Diego. 
 
We called concierge at their hotel. 
 
Got to be really good buddies with Lynette.
 
She got Ma'Lyn and Big Daddy their Poem and a bouquet of blue and white flowers delivered to their room.
 
The day was great and we are all excited!
 
Love to all!
 
B
 

5 comments:

Lori said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! We LOVE you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Very happy for you guys. Definitely take 'em one at a time :) Look forward to seeing you guys at Thanksgiving
-- Neil

Kelly Aldridge said...

Wonderful, Wonderful News! We are so happy for you guys!

JBFerguson said...

I am so happy for you guys. Two boys, we have two girls, I mean I see it all working out perfectly. I cannot believe that I have not told you congrats on the pregnancy. I hope you are feeling good and so excited about adding another handsome man to the collection! Love ya

Amanda Jones said...

Two brothers to be buddies....it's perfect!!

Kuddos on the creative anouncement!! You & Kim kill me with the poetry skills!!