Monday, December 21, 2009

Verry Merry Christmas!

I am in the mood to blog...however at the moment I have nothing to say...in particular...but believe me...I ALWAYS have something to say. For those of you that know me, you know I always have something to say, however, I choose to keep my mouth closed...most of the time! Warning: I feel a real ramble blog coming on and I just can't make myself hit the backspace button...possibly because I am too delirious (going on three weeks now) or just caught my third wind of the day.




For those of you wondering, the second wind came when Kent called me at 9:00 this morning...which actually woke me up from ( remember this was my first morning to sleep in) mid morning nap. I realize that 9:00 in the morning is too early to be napping, however I woke up with Hughes at 6:30 fed him, played with him, and fell back asleep with him...does a morning get any better. Anyway, back to the point of the story, Kent called at 9:00 this morning to REMIND me that today was the day that they were having the Christmas Lunch at his work! PERFECT! I only have to cook corn casserole (which I was signed up for, therefore I MUST cook what was put on the sheet of paper) which I have NONE of the ingredients for this recipe. This means I must run to the grocery store, go to the post office to overnight our last order of stockings before the Christmas break, take a bath, get Hughes ready for doctors appointment at 10:45, cook a corn souffle for one hour, and end up at the doctor's office looking unsweaty and put together?...can it be done? SURE...if you cook the corn souffle WITHOUT the 2 eggs! So, I called Kent and told him he would have to tell everyone that he brought Corn Casserole INSTEAD of Corn Souffle. I mean, we are in Mississippi, it is totally acceptable to mix ingredients and call it a casserole! Especially, if the "casserole" includes sour cream or cream cheese. (Side note: You could serve me grasshopper casserole, as long as it contains cream cheese! What is it about cream cheese that makes ANYTHING taste amazing!...probably the 400 calories per square mm? BTW: Barefoot Contessa uses Truffle Butter on everything...maybe I should try that instead of cream cheese in my next "casserole"?)



P.S. you were warned this was a rambling blog! If you stop reading now...NO ONE would blame you!




I will stop rambling now and post some pictures of Hughes and Jack opening their Christmas gifts from each other! Adorable...who knew wrapping paper tasted so good?



We had our Christmas with the Kosek Family on Friday night. We opened gifts and all loaded in the van to go check out the Christmas lights...when I say THE Christmas lights...I mean THE Christmas lights. There is a home in our area that has connected their outdoor Christmas lights to a radio station and the lights dance to the beat of the music! I know this is something you have all probably seen or at least heard of...however, I am amazed every year that we go and see the amazement! Thank goodness for people with Christmas in their heart! Imagine their electric bill for the month of December...but they put it all aside to give our area a little Christmas cheer! ... The recession may get our pocketbooks, but it will not take away our Christmas spirit...the show will go on! Thank GOODNESS!



Merry Christmas to all...and to all a good night!







1 comment:

Kosek Landing said...

love those pics of the kids!