Friday, January 27, 2012

Wiley and Walker

It's not new news that I am a stay at home mom.  Being with the boys while they are little is very important to me because I know these days will fly by and we will look back and hope we held them more, watched them more, kissed them more....you know...everything more.  A HUGE pro for me staying home is that I get to see all of their "firsts".  First bites, first roll over, first words, first crawl, first big boy bathroom, first art, first STEPS!

Well, I missed the first steps.  Not the REAL, I'm-on-my-on-and-don't-need-any-help-steps, but the "give-me-a-smidge-of-help-and-I-got-this" steps.

Yip.

I was gone for ONE HOUR.

ONE HOUR FOLKS.

But thanks to technology...and a husband that was smart enough to capture the moment or he better keep the moment to himself....we have it all on video.

(Maybe I am over reacting a bit.  But I can't even talk about the month of March.  Thinking about Wiley turning one just brings a tear to my eye.  This year has gone by so fast.  Kent and I had the following conversation in the car last week:

Kent:  (nonchalantly) "You know Wiley will be 1 year old in a month or two."

Me:  (stressed)  "I know.  (tears welling up)  I just can't talk about it."

Kent:  (nonchalantly)  "Well, you know.  We could just go ahead and have another one."

Me:  (stressed) "I just can't talk about it." 

:)

We are having lots of fun...(with some trials...believe me...2 years old is no flipping joke...it's the real deal...) with the boys.  

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Enjoy




1 comment:

Kosek Landing said...

AWWW!!! The video is so great! He looks like such a big boy...

Wait...don't read that, you are probably crying right now, just reading those words. I didn't mean to do that to you :)

Britanny...you are momma...you will always be first in those boys eyes no matter how many firsts you "missed."