Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Zoorific

Kent, Hughes and I enjoyed a long weekend in Memphis!  We stayed at Pamela and Nick's Condo that overlooks the Mighty Mississippi!  Their condo has beautiful views.  Hughes and Kent loved talking about the "big boats" aka. barges that flowed up and down the river!

Note:  It seems that all of the "posed" family pictures we "try" to take turn out blurry OR with Hughes not looking...anyone else having these issues?
Kent and Hughes stop for a picture while we "got out of the room" for just a bit before dinner Saturday night.

Hughes and I "posing" for a picture before we get our breakfast at "The Arcade" Saturday morning before the zoo!


Hughes climbing the stairs to get out some energy!


Another ATTEMPT at a photo op while at the zoo!


How adorable is this antelope?


African Elephants...Kent informed me that these were African Elephants. 

Kent:  "Hey, Britanny, you know how I know they are "African" elephants?" 

Me:  "No, Kent, .... how do you know?"


...this guy is so full of tidbits of information...


Kent:  "Their ears are in the shape of Africa."

Britanny:  "Oh!  I see."

Pause.

Britanny:  "How do you know all of this "useless" information, Kent?"

No Pause.

Kent:  "The Discovery Channel.  It's a great thing!"

If football is not on the TV....

...and Kent has the remote...

....you can bet that the tube is tuned to the Discovery Channel or the History Channel.

Torture.

Pure.  Raw. Boring. Torture.

However, this MAY be why I don't know the different species of elephants?





SOMEBODY fed this goat too many soda cans and newspapers!


I think the chickens are so pretty...donned in feathers daily.  How gorgeous!



The cheetah...a beautiful creature!

Hughes LOVED this game! 
If you punch a button, the sound of that animal literally "bellars" for about 30 seconds!

"Bellars"...that is a technical term STRAIGHT from the country.


I have named this dwarfed cow...Essie Mae...I like that name. 
Doesn't she look like an Essie Mae?
I think it was her eyelashes that spoke to me!


Big Ole Sheep!


How stinking sweet is this?  We came to the penguins at the PERFECT time! 

Feeding time for the little waddlers!

Hughes loved watching them waddle in the water, swim around, then come back to Morene (we'll call her Morene, because she looks like a Morene to me...and I don't know her real name) for more fish for breakfast!


Hughes checking out the pretty pelicans.

P.S. The pretty pelicans really, really stink.
Their Mom should tell them to use soap in their bath, instead of just playing in the water.


I'm not sure what these guys names were.

I took the picture because they looked like overgrown hamsters.

Don't you think?


An adorable panda bear, covered, literally, covered in bamboo!

The panda's teeth are pretty large!


Pretty in pink!  The flamingos are always my favorites!


Duck Image.

Why is it that the males are soooo much more attractive than the females?

Male Duck to Female Duck:

 You look fine, honey!

Those dreary feathers don't make you look fat at all.

The monochromatic color scheme slims you, after all.

Don't bury your head.

Hold your head up high.

You have a mighty fine duck by your side.

I make you look good!


The pelicans were having a very intense conversation. 

The Christmas December "bills" must have come in the mail!

...Lame jokes...that's where my head is these days :)


The tigers were actually our FIRST stop.

This first stop was VERY educational.

We won't go into EVERYTHING that happened in this cage while we were watching.

Needless to say, if you hear that the Memphis Zoo announces "new tiger cub" in about 9 months...

...or however long it takes tigers to have babies...

Kent, Hughes and I were there for the "intimate" or not so "intimate" moment.

Yeah.

Inappropriate. 

Kent found it very funny.

I, on the other hand, grabbed the stroller and ran for the next cage in disgust.




Hughes was tuckered out.  This was about one minute after we loaded the car!


This picture has NOTHING to do with the zoo.

But I think it is super cute!

Hughes loves brushing his teeth now!

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Kosek Landing said...

Love the zoo animal commentary! U were cracking me and Kevin up. Btw - Kevin also loves those same channels Kent loves.

See u guys soon!!