Friday, January 14, 2011

Little Update...

----------------------------------
Kent, Hughes and I ventured to Jackson yesterday to take care of some buisness.

---------------------------------------------------------------
9 o'clock, doctor's appointment for me! Here is the low down:

We got our 4-D sonogram yesterday and our little bundle is growing!  He weighs 2 lbs. 15 oz....so basically, he weighs 3 lbs (that is what I say when people ask anyway :)   We got to see pictures of his face.  He has chubby little cheeks, what looks to be like Hughes' nose, and he loves to snuggle!  We couldn't get GREAT pictures because he was balled up super close to my tummy (we will call it my "tummy" since the "wall" he was snuggled up to sounds really disgusting...and SOMETIMES I filter and allow you guys the misery).  The point is, he had PLENTY of room in my tummy, yet wanted to snuggle in a ball.  He had his hand over his face the entire time.  He smiled a few times while we were watching in amazement...okay...I was watching in amazement, because Hughes was occupying Kent with his Leap Frog phone saying, "Haaay" and "Bye Bye" when the phone would "ring".  Hughes did pay attention to the large TV screen that displays the sonogram for a minute and say, "Baaaaaay", which is his term for baby.  Then interest was lost and the "phone call" got first priority!  The sonographer pointed out a tiny "smidgen" of hair that was poking out, however, she pointed out the same "smidgen" of hair in Hughes' sonograms, too....and well, we ALL know Hughes had SMALL amounts of peach fuzz when he was born. 

Yesterday, for some reason, really allowed me to REALIZE we are about to have another boy.  As the realization hit, true joy and excitement filled me up.  Not a feeling of being overwhelmed, which is the main thought I have had lately, pure joy. 

Now, this PURE JOY, also allowed me to realize that WE ARE NOT READY.  I mean, we are ready mentally...I think...but physically...not at all.  The nursery, as of now, is our holding room for the last Christmas gifts that need to be put away, especially since I JUST finished thank you notes from Christmas!  The baby bed is in about 10 pieces laying/lying around the room or tucked under the bed or laying/lying against the wall.  The room has zero window treatments...and NO I haven't even picked out a fabric yet.  Our master bedroom/bathroom/closet is still under construction. Therefore, our clothes don't have appropriate homes just yet.  Kent and I are sleeping in the guest bedroom until the construction is complete.  We are super excited to get settled and the Master Suite is turning out really nice.  As each day concludes, we can see the progress and the light at the end of the tunnel.  The bedroom is SUPPOSED to be finished by January 30th.  Perfect!  That gives me a month and a week or two to get our home in order. 

Our due date is March 29th.  However, Dr. Gnam told us yesterday that he was expecting a Spring Break baby.  This was after Kent ask him if we could go to Fairhope for a conference/family time around the 16th of March.  Dr. Gnam told Kent HE could go, but I would have to stay home.  Doc didn't want me to be more than 2 hours away from the hospital.  Needless to say, Kent said we would all stay home this year.  We always have next year. 

Silently, I was thanking Above since I wasn't too excited about spending my last week being pregnant, in a swimsuit, while chasing a toddler at the pool.  NOTHING about a RUNNING, BENDING OVER woman. period. in a swimsuit is alluring.  MUCH LESS, PREGNANT woman.  You feel me?

So, we will be getting ready for the arrival of Wiley Mortimer over the next two months. 

Yes, Wiley is his name.

No, we haven't decided on the middle name yet.

No, we probably won't until he arrives.

Which, really bothers me because I am ready to get his diaper changing pad cover monogrammed.

Or anything else monogrammed for that matter.

It may just have a "W" monogrammed in the center.

Needless to say, we have LOTS to do before Wiley arrives.

So, why am I sitting at the computer blogging?

Because, that's what I do.

We are better under pressure around here anyway.

Next time there will be pictures.

Even if I have to pull them from an old file on my computer.

Oh!  Hughes update:

He has learned to fist pump!

What can I say?  We can't sit around all day and not learn important life skills! :)

Homeschooling at it's finest! :)

2 comments:

Kosek Landing said...

Why didn't you bring Hughes over here during your sonogram! That blows my mind that you attempt this time after time...brave woman!

We will help get anything ready that we can help with next week. Go grab 7 yards of fabric and liner and we'll even get some panels sewn!

Charlie and Mandy Lynskey said...

I have no doubt that you will have EVERYTHING in order before Wiley (love his name!) gets here. Let me know if I can do anything to help you and next time you are in Jackson give me a call! Lot's of love!