Friday, December 3, 2010

Cozy and Warm

Hughes was cozy and warm tonight running around in his Christmas pajamas!
He played around a bit before he "hit the hay"...aka went to bed.

---------------------------------------

Side Note:  Why do people say "hit the hay"?  What exactly does it mean?  Where does that statement parallel with bedtime?  Nonetheless, I use it very often.  Why?  Because my Daddy did when I was growing up.  That's why.

----------------------------------

He be bopped around the house slipping around on his little socks for about 30 minutes after his bath time. 

Bath time is Hughes FAVORITE part of the day.  It is a fight to get him out EVERY TIME.

And, better yet, if he hears the water, he wants in the bathtub.

Can't remember the last time I took a bath/shower with complete privacy.

Oh...well.  Life goes on.

But, most possibly Hughes FAVORITE FAVORITE part of the day is when we get out

the loud

machine

it roars

it rumbles

it vibrates the floor his little bitty feet stand on

it's the

Vac Vac.

Hughes calls it the "Vac Vac". 


Very appropriate, I think.

He loves it.  If someone ask me what Hughes favorite toys are right now, if I speak honestly, which I usually do, it would be the mixer...

the hair dryer...

and the Vac Vac.

You heard me.

The mixer.  Yes, the one that mixes brownies.  The real one.  From the kitchen.

The hair dryer.  The one that makes a loud noise and sounds as if it's really doing something important.

And, the Vac Vac.  He attempts to pull it around the house.  The poor Dyson is in an horizontal position with about a 10 degree angle off the floor, pulled behind this little tot.

The child loves things that are loud and dangerous and have electricity if plugged into a wall.

You don't have to tell me.

I know.

I have my hands full.  We have to keep CLOSE eyes on Hughes to make sure he doesn't actually plug up the electronics.

And, believe me......he knows how!

So, tonight before you go to bed, say a prayer for Hughes safety

...and my sanity while your at it.





We had a great time with Kim, Kate, Jack and Joseph decorating our home for the holidays today!

Can't wait to share this Christmas season with you all!

B

3 comments:

Aunt Laura said...

Okay, Lucy Bug and I think that Hughes looks like Emma in the ornament photo. I miss my sweet boy..... oh, yeah and you and Kent too:) Hugs and Kisses and Let us know if you want a spend the night party while the kids are out of school. I promise we will give John Mark some medication before we come. I would love to hang out with the Mortimers! XOXO!

Kosek Landing said...

We are officially in the Christmas spirit...we are watching Christmas Vacation!

The Rives said...

Hughes is growing so fast Britanny! He is just precious! And congrats on baby boy #2 who is on the way. I know you guys can't wait to meet him! Hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas!