Friday, June 11, 2010

Summer Reading

As most of you know, I am very passionate about reading. Being a kindergarten and first grade teacher, I have come to understand the importance of reading. My new summer goal is to read one book each week. It is very important for our children to see us read and more importantly…ENJOY reading!
Now, for me this is a true feat. Usually, in my free time I run to the computer to search anything. For example, these are just the things I searched today: Oil Spill (and how it will affect our planned vaca mid July), other possible vaca areas in close proximity (since we will be traveling with children), swimsuits for 2010 (and more importantly ones that are appropriate for chasing a one year old around without jiggly parts, that aren’t supposed to jiggle, jiggling…Muumuu anyone?), msn homepage, and what brought me to this blog, summer reading list for 2010.

So my new goal will include the following:

1. I will begin each Sunday. (However, this week it will begin this Tuesday.)

2. I will blog about each read.

3. I will do my best to read over many different genres.

That’s about it.

Anyone have any light reads that would be a good start?

5 comments:

Kosek Landing said...

Love the new layout and the game plan for reading this summer. I'm doing good to read a magazine once a week. And I wouldn't really call that "good," more of a bad habit.

Leslie said...

I started reading a book called The Help by Kathryn Stockett.. Its based in the 60's in Mississippi and it is so southern and is really good...they are supposed to be making it into a movie,,,the book is thick but is really easy to read and wont take long because it is one of those that you dont want to put down!!!!

Amanda Jones said...

You have lit a fire under my booty to read a book a week too!!

The best book I have read this year is The Shack...it's great!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brit! I have done plenty of reading on my commute on the tube everyday and have tried to read some classics! Some recent favorites are all the Steig Larrson books, The Group by Mary McCarthy, and Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton. The Help is great too! Happy reading!

Meade said...

The Art of Racing in the Rain by: Garth Stein is the perfect summer read. It's written from a dog's POV. Very quick read, and a book that sticks with you. Also..just finished Little Bee by: Chris Cleave. It's a quick read too once you get into it...darker theme than The Art of Racing in the Rain. I need to start a blog about books..I could really get into this. By the way, if you come visit, I will just let you borrow these books :) Good luck!