Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Quick Review

Hughes had his eight week shots last Friday! He weighed in at 10 lbs. 10 oz! He is in the 25th percentile. Hughes is meeting all of his benchmarks and the Doc said he is doing great!
I think the shots were worse for me than they were for him. I laid him on the crinkly, uncomfortable, loud paper doctor bed and awaited the terror. (random thought: Why is it that the covers over those tables are so unwelcoming? I always think this when I go to the girl doctor too! Could we not have at least 400 count sheets for each patient...at least on top of the paper? Don't we pay enough to have something comfortable to lie on while at the doctor's office instead of paper? I am speaking for babies and adults alike!) I digress...Back to catching you guys up on our week. The shots were taunting me by rolling around on the metal tray. I hugged down, face to face, whispering in Hughes ear, "It's alright. Mamma's right here.", over and over until the damage had been done. The nurse pricked his little legs...THREE times! He cried until I popped the pacifier in his mouth and that was the end of his tears for the day! Hughes did very well at his checkup and we are blessed with his health! I hesitate to mention, for fear of jinxing our happiness, yet am so excited I must share with you...Hughes is sleeping through the night!!! Well, I call it the night. He eats about 10:30 and wakes up around 6:00 or 7:00 a.m. I don't know about you, but I consider this sleeping through the night!! However, I am aware that this could change at any moment, I am very thankful for the rest thus far! The pictures that sandwich this text were taken today after bath time. Mrs. Marietta monogrammed this little robe for him! I couldn't resist a photo op. I didn't plan to leave him in the robe that swallows him whole, but he just looked so cozy and comfy I decided to leave him there while I emptied the dishwasher. ( I mean, when a baby is comfy and calm...quick...do something productive!) When I returned to change him into his outfit for the day...the below picture is how I found him. Adorable.

We finally got dressed and met up with our lunch dates! Kim, Susie, and I met up for lunch with our new little ones. They are in order from oldest to youngest from left to right: Jack (Kim's Little Boy), Lainey (Susie's Little Lady), and Hughes.
Hughes then went to Kim's Casa to play a bit more with Jack while I went to get my haircut! While I was sitting in the salon chair, I noticed so many more things that I need to get done. First, I looked down at my fingernails and quickly balled them in a fist! Atrocious...crooked, unpainted, all different lengths...! Then I make it down to the toes. Painted, yes. But how many times have I just gone over this polish! I think every Sunday morning since Hughes had been born I fill in the holes with new fresh hot pink polish, because I know that I will be able to see my toes for around 45 minutes during church and I don't want to curl my toes under the pew the entire time! ( I am also aware of the run on sentences that I type oh so frequently during these blogs, but I don't have the patience to figure them out. please forgive me!) As I stared at my reflection, I quickly realized that I need a maintenance day...I am talking a good 12 hours! From eyebrows to toenails and everything in between! But let's be realistic...who has time for that mess! Just hit the high points...get out the door with mascara, clean teeth, and deodorant and you are golden!

Well, we are packing up for the beach! We can't wait to let the sand tickle Hughes' toes for the first time! Beach picutures coming soon!

4 comments:

Kosek Landing said...

Great post! I agree with the paper on the doctor's table...that is weak! I'm all about some silk doctor's sheets!

Have fun at the beach. We are going to miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the beach pictures!
MaLyn

Anonymous said...

Your blog is just too addicting! I am waiting anxiously to find out how the beach went!

Anonymous said...

oops forgot to say that this is JoBeth