Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happies!

Over the summer I have come across some things that I am thankful for in my life! I am not talking about my wonderful husband, beautiful baby boy, amazing family and friends, and good health! Of course, I am thankful for these things and I am truly blessed! BUT...Today I am talking about the little things that just make me happy!

1. Pilot G2 Pen! I LOVE this pen! The way the ink glides across the paper...the grip around my fingers...the no fuss click top...I just love it! Any color...any size (do you know they make mini G2 pens!!! OH yes mam!) Honestly, it makes me upset when I can't find a G2 to write with and I have to slump with the blue ink, white body, blue top Bic! I must admit...I am a G2 snob!

2. While we are on the topic of writing utensils...Sharpie markers! Any color any size point! Sometimes I just go to the marker area and drool over the $20 multi color box of sharpies. Then, I talk myself into buying a box since I will use them in my teaching profession. After I have decided to break the bank with the marker purchase...I can't decide between the fine point multi color pack and the thick point multi color pack! Such a big decision that I decide to leave them both on the shelf! Sad story!
3. Sheet protectors!!!!

I would place every document/test/children's writing papers/birthday cards/recipe/address list...in sheet protectors if I was organized to keep up with everything! Flipping through the glossy pages in a 3 inch binder somehow makes me feel like I am doing something important! Recently, I was flipping through MaLyn's smocking plates...which she has in a binder with each design in it's own sleeve! Did I spend 45 minutes looking through the binder trying to pick out Hughes a future MaLyn outfit...or did I just enjoy flipping through the silkly pages? Love

Random Thought: I feel the same way about flipping through the micro thin sheet of a bible!

4. Venus Embrace Razor

I won't rant and rave about all the reasons I love this summer find...just know if you are looking for a good razor (which in the past has been hard for me to find) this is your baby!


5. Quick healthish breakfast/snacks!



If you were to take a trip to the grocery store with us or look in our pantry you would absolutely find these bars! Yummy, quick (most importantly), filling, and little guilt! When Kent and I were dating I put a little care package in the mail for him. He was training for the Ironman Triathlon and I thought he needed a little pick me up. The package consisted of: Itunes gift card, gum, Fig Newtons (the cookie), and a thinking of you card. I researched what foods were good and nutritious for triathletes and found Fig Newtons! So to the store I went...to my surprise they made new Strawberry Fig Newtons! Perfect! Strawberry will be much better than the boring all fruit taste. Fast forward one year later......I found the strawberry fig newtons in his pantry...unopened! My heart broke! After I researched and bought this healthy treat Kent didn't even try them!!!!...He later told me the Strawberry wouldn't have been good...he prefers the boring all fruit! ... I tell you this tidbit about our life to let you know that he tried to get out of the Fig Newton doghouse by bringing home the above Fig Newton bars for lunch one day!...good thing I like them or he would have to pay every time we walked down the cookie isle and we spotted the Fig Newton cookies! (yes I am aware that I am letting you all know just how boring we are...and how often we clean out the pantry:)

...All I can think of today! As I reflect over this blog, I think I have figured out why I can't get out of Target without spending at least $50!!! Note to self: stick with what's on the list!

What little things make you happy?

4 comments:

Kosek Landing said...

Love the blog...you should be getting paid to endorse these items.

I too love a good sharpie...must be a teacher thing.

OMG...I can't think of any one item to endorse that makes me "happy". I will have to ponder and get back to you...oh the pressure!

Anonymous said...

You must try the new Sharpie pen! It is wonderful.

Kristy Jones said...

Furniture makes me happy. I will never have enough money to actually buy enough furniture to make me truly happy, so I will have to make do with just looking at it. I can look at furniture for hours... on line or in stores... but with having a small baby, its mostly online. Chairs are my favorite. I can spend an entire day just looking at pictures of chairs.... I guess I'm pretty boring too! ;)

JBFerguson said...

OKay I totally use the mini G2 pens, they are my fav. Every time a kid asks to use mine, I say no! ALso, I am addicted to the Dark Almond Chocolate fiber bars. I mean I know they keep me MORE than regular, but they are so so so stinking good, I cannot help myself! I think you have just inspired my next post.